Beginning hospice early is proven to benefit patients as well as their family. Studies show patients actually live longer and have better quality of life with hospice care and caregivers suffer less emotional stress. A study published in the Journal of Pain and Symptom Management showed that mean survival was 29 days longer for hospice patients than non-hospice patients.
Pinpointing life expectancy is a difficult task given the many variables for each patient. Determining the right time to refer for hospice care can be just as challenging. The following are a few of the eligibility criteria for hospice.
To be eligible for hospice care, patients must have a:
• Diagnosis of a life limiting illness
• Desire for comfort care rather than curative care
• Physicians and nurses available 24/7 to answer questions
• Our nursing staff can facilitate the admissions process
• Call our office to answer your questions without obligation
We have a physician on call 24 hours a day for patient care and consultation or to answer any questions. You can refer to Community Hospice of Texas with confidence. Our team of professionals serves as an extension of your services offering expert end-of-life care and support. Call us at 1.800.226.0373.