As a nonprofit agency, our priority is our patients, their families, and the community. When the future of nonprofit hospice in North and Central Texas was uncertain, community leaders and the nonprofit hospital systems rallied together in support of our mission. In return, we are committed to increasing access to hospice care, providing community education and outreach, offering special programs enhancing quality of life, and activism in local, state, and national healthcare and hospice organizations.
Our philosophy revolves around the importance of advocating the needs of the terminally ill. Hospice care neither hastens death, nor prolongs life but strives to make death a natural part of life. The mission of Community Hospice of Texas is to provide compassionate end of life care services. Our vision is to be the recognized leader for end of life care in all of our communities. The staff and volunteers of Community Hospice of Texas will embrace and demonstrate in all aspects of behavior the following:
• Our first priority is our patients and their families.
• We will be consistent and timely in response to our customers.
• Each staff member will be able to articulate our services.
• We will do what we say we are going to do.
• We will treat everyone in a courteous and professional manner