Community Healthcare of Texas understands that choosing hospice for end-of-life care and support is a difficult decision. Introducing hospice care does not mean you are giving up on your loved one. Instead, you are giving your loved one the gift of the expert care and support needed at this time. Choosing hospice means you want to enhance the quality of your time together.
Beginning hospice early can help your loved one stay as active as possible for as long as possible. The goal in providing pain and symptom management is to allow your loved one to enjoy quality time with family and friends. With the expert emotional and spiritual support available to you and your family, you can focus on enjoying your time together.
We understand it can be difficult determining when the time is right for beginning hospice care. Talk to your physician if you are concerned about:
- Frequent trips to the emergency room or recent hospitalizations
- Decreasing appetite or weight loss
- Increasing weakness or falls
- Requiring more help with everyday activities
- Multiple changes and adjustments to medications due to ineffectiveness or greater need to control pain and symptoms
- Increasing shortness of breath or need for oxygen
- Family feeling overwhelmed and in need of more resources
Contact Community Healthcare of Texas in the Dallas/Fort Worth area at (800) 958-4942 or in the Waco area at (800) 625-9328 to learn more about hospice and how we can support you and your family during this difficult journey. We can also assist you with discussing end-of-life care options with your physician and family to ensure your goals and wishes are fulfilled.