Have you ever asked yourself, “What are my options?” or “How do I know what decision is right for me and my family?” Managing a serious illness can be overwhelming. But what if you are not ready for Hospice? Community Hospice of Texas and Providence Hospice offer the Pathways Program. This bridge program is offered to those that have a life-limiting illness, but are not yet eligible for hospice services. Even if you continue to seek curative care, we can help you find and utilize resources in the community, navigate the healthcare system and provide support along the way. Through our Pathways program, we want to empower you to make decisions that meet your goals and wishes.
Pathways is a personalized program that provides guidance, education and support to anyone facing a serious illness. The specific issues addressed and numbers of educational sessions vary with the needs of the participant. The Community Hospice of Texas and Providence Hospice Pathways Program can assist with:
- Communication – Improve communication with your physician, other medical professionals and your family to ensure your goals and wishes are fulfilled.
- Defining quality of life – Identify goals and wishes and develop a plan to achieve them.
- Coping strategies – Develop a plan to address goals and wishes.
- Practical issues – Address changes in daily routine that may occur due to the illness.
- Emotional support – Attend to feelings of anger, grief and sadness.
- Spiritual support – Provide an avenue to reconnect or strengthen spiritual beliefs.
- Advance directives – Offer education and guidance to establish a living will, power of attorney and other documents as needed.
Having the right information at the right time can improve the quality of your life as you manage a serious illness. Even if you aren’t ready for hospice care, call Community Hospice of Texas and Providence Hospice for education, guidance and support through our Pathways Program.