We understand the difficulties and challenges that come with a life-limiting illness. Living with this type of illness requires specialized care, compassionate support and personal attention. The philosophy of hospice care focuses on enhancing quality of life while managing symptoms and controlling pain.
Community Hospice of Texas and Providence Hospice provide expert medical care as well as emotional and spiritual support that extends to your entire family.
Hospice care typically is considered for anyone facing a life-limiting illness with an expectancy of six months or less. The care and support provided through hospice benefits anyone suffering from a life-limiting illness, including, but not limited to, heart disease, renal disease, neurological disease, cancer, pulmonary disease and Alzheimer’s.
Warning signs that may facilitate your family in having discussions with your physician are:
- Frequent trips to the emergency room or a recent hospitalization
- Decreased appetite and weight loss
- Increased weakness or falls
- Requires more help with everyday activities
- Multiple changes and adjustments to medications or an increase in medications required to control symptoms
- Increased skin breakdown and difficulty managing wounds
- Increased shortness of breath or need for oxygen most of the time
- Uncontrolled pain or increase in symptoms
Care is provided wherever you call home, whether that is a personal residence, assisted living facility, nursing home, or hospital. Our team of professionals is available to meet your needs 24 hours a day. Services include:
- Pain and symptom management
- Medications related to the terminal illness
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Physical, speech and occupational therapies
- Nursing care
- Dietary counseling
- Social services
- Pastoral counseling
- Volunteer support
With a life-limiting illness, hospice care can help you live life to its fullest. The sooner you contact Community Hospice of Texas and Providence Hospice, the more support we can give you to enhance the quality of your life.