We understand the difficulties and challenges that come with a serious and life-limiting illness. Living with this type of illness requires specialized care, compassionate support and personal attention. The philosophy of hospice and palliative care focuses on enhancing quality of life while managing symptoms and controlling pain.
Community Healthcare of Texas provides expert medical care as well as emotional and spiritual support that extends to your entire family.
Community Healthcare of Texas’s Palliative Care program is designed to assist patients and families that are continuing to receive aggressive medical treatment. Palliative Care services are provided by a licensed social worker and assist families with navigating a serious or terminal illness diagnosis and understanding your options.
Palliative Care services include:
- Advanced Directive education and guidance
- Coping strategies to manage stressors, grief issues and interpersonal struggles
- Focus on quality of life goals and wishes
- Emotional support for the patient and caregiver
- Assistance Navigating treatment options
- Assistance with locating community resources
Community Healthcare of Texas’s Hospice program is for anyone facing a life-limiting illness with an expectancy of six months or less and is wanting comfort measures to control pain and symptoms.
Hospice Services include:
- Pain and symptom management
- Medications related to the terminal illness
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Physical, speech and occupational therapies
- Nursing care
- Dietary counseling
- Social services
- Pastoral counseling
- Volunteer support
Warning signs that may facilitate your family in having discussions with your physician are:
- Frequent trips to the emergency room or a recent hospitalization
- Decreased appetite and weight loss
- Increased weakness or falls
- Requires more help with everyday activities
- Multiple changes and adjustments to medications or an increase in medications required to control symptoms
- Increased skin breakdown and difficulty managing wounds
- Increased shortness of breath or need for oxygen most of the time
- Uncontrolled pain or increase in symptoms
The sooner you contact Community Healthcare of Texas, the more support we can give you to enhance the quality of your life.